Loungin' Monday



The past week or so has been rather hectic. Unfortunately posting has suffered a bit as a result. There have been some killer submissions over the past two weeks so look for some big posts with even bigger tunes in the coming week or two. My apologies to the artists and you, the readers. In the meantime, here are two tracks that have been keeping me grounded when my stress was consuming all. The first is from the fabled producer Bahwee, a dope track aged about two weeks titled "Back it Up". I know my bud over at Prom Sawyer is feeling this new one from the L.A. beatsmith. I will always have a tender spot for Bahwee as one of his tracks usually served as the intro for "Grinnellevance," the radio show Prom Sawyer and I put on together. Next up is a new track from Drew Harris or Germany Germany. Germany Germany first caught my attention with "nov16." His newest, "Apollo" isn't too shabby either. Credit to The Waxhole and Poule D'Or for the tracks.

Now some reading to go with the music. Here is a great op-ed piece from the New York Times that serves as a pleasant reminder that our busyness is often self-constructed. I always enjoy reading this when I feel like I am in over my head. It raises a valid point that busyness isn't an inevitable state, that our feelings do not necessarily reflect our reality. Certainly busyness is real but maybe not to degree that we often believe it to be. With all of this said, look for some solid posts (some album reviews, maybe an interview or two, and of course some Postcards) in the near future. I hope y'all will enjoy the tracks and article and that they bring you peace.
Busyness serves as a kind of existential reassurance, a hedge against emptiness; obviously your life cannot possibly be silly or trivial or meaningless if you are so busy, completely booked, in demand every hour of the day.
-Tim Kreider, The 'Busy' Trap


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Plum - "Gold" (Chet Faker cover)

Sorcha Richardson - "Petrol Station"

New Releases Abound...